Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A year ago!!



     I can not believe it was a year ago today that I found out Mattie was going to have a younger brother and I was going to be a mom to another son!!  Yes it was 1 year ago I arrived in Ekat Russia to receive my referral for my 2nd child!!  I remember getting my referral, seeing Jakes picture and heading for his baby home #5.  I was so excited and nervous but lucky for me my representative Svtlana was great and every thing went great!!  I was able to meet Jake and get information about him from the head doctor.  I sent the information to an Dr in RI to see what he thought about Jake's medical information but to tell you the truth no matter what the Dr told me Jake was my son and I was going to say yes and sign the papers.  Luckly the Dr. emailed me back saying everything looked fine so it made it easier to except the referal.  
     Now Jake has been home with us for a little over a month and like Mattie says it is like he has always been here.  Mattie has been the best big brother ever, he truely loves his brother.  Jake has had a few behavior issues with Mattie and Mattie has been so grown up about it and I am so proud of him.  
     What is the most amazing thing about Jake is that he understands every thing that is said to him in ENGLISH!!  Yes home for one month and he understands us it is amazing.  I still can not get over how little he is one of his many nick names is Peanut!!  He wears 18 month pants and 12 month shorts and he is 2 and a half.  He does have a good appetite but he is also very active.  I like to call him Forest Gump because he LOVES to run.  
     I know how lucky I am to have my son home from Russia and I hope everything works out with future russian adoptions because I have made so many friends during this process still in the process of bringing hoem their children.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,

    It is amazing how fast these kids pick up English isn't it? It sounds like you have a smart little guy.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your year and congrats on bringing him home. You'll be amazed at how fast he'll start to growin all areas. Colby shot up 5 inches and about 7 pounds in just a year. And yes, every day you'll be amazed by the things your boys will do. Keep us posted!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Beth --- been a fast year, eh? (OK...so the waiting wasn't fast....) Congrats and we hope to meet up with you again, this time with the boys in tow!

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete