Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2 weeks together

     WOW I can not believe it Jake has been with me for only 2 weeks and with Mattie for a week and a half it seems like he has been with us forever!!  Both boys are adjusting so much better then I could have ever imagined.  Mattie is a loving, proud, and very helpful big brother.  He only cries when his brother has to nap and he can not play with him.  I told Mattie to nap also he chooses to watch Sponge Bob instead of napping.  Jake is doing fantastic!!  The amount of things he understands is incredible when I tell him or ask him to do something.  After my 3 visits to Russia  could not understand any thing in Russian and here is a 2 year old understanding English after 2 weeks.
     Ok what does Jake like to do??  He LOVES music, food (especially the snack draw), water,giving kisses and of course his big brother.  OK he is potty trained and goes to the bathroom does what he needs to do then lets me know when he is done.  I think he goes to the bathroom so much because he LOVES to wash his hands!! Has become attached to his coat and sneakers so I do not know what I am going to do when it warms up this weekend not to have him wear his winter coat.  He gets very excited when Auntie Sue comes over and when Grandpa comes to visit.  And due to my basement flooding again Grandpa has been over alot!!
     He started trying to  climb out of the port a crib so he is sleeping in a big boy bed with a side rail of course.  Now if Mattie would stay in his bed then I will have my own room.  
     Unfortunately I need to go back to work on Monday so Jake will be going to Day Care next door on Monday.  He is going to go over tomorrow for a short trial period.  Lucky for me  April school vacation is in two weeks so I will have a week off then.  And if Jake is not adjusting well to day care well then I will take more time off.  
     Happy Easter to all my blogger friends!!
     

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like he is doing great. I'm so happy for all of you. Good luck going back to work. That will be a big change. I wish you all a wonderful Easter. Perhaps a day trip is in order for Spring break??
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roman was the same with going to the potty ... totally potty trained and still is but I think the reasons he goes to the bathroom is to wash his hands!!!

    Wow ... back to work already ... how did you get around that rule with WHFC??? They told me the boys had to be in our custody for 8 weeks before going to daycare outside of the home!!!

    Have a great Easter!!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it does amaze me how well these kids adjust and how quickly they learn english. And potty trained!! Thats a nice treat. I hope things continue to go so well.

    Sorry about having to go back to work so soon. I hope he adjusts well to daycare. I look forward to hearing more about your wonderful family.

    As for me.....still waiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, bummer -- so sorry you have to return to work so soon. It was a hard transition for me...leaving Kristina. But since you're both mama and papa, I guess the time had to come.

    Happy Easter to you and your boys!!!

    ~Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear they your boys are doing so well with each other.

    It is amazing how fast they pickup language at that age. Our boy is about the same age as Jake and he really picked things up fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds all good!
    I'm jealous that Jake is potty trained!!
    I can't wait for that day!

    Hope your Easter was great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok. It's been awhile. Just wanted to check in and see how things are going. I hope the boys are doing well, and you too! Looking for updated photos!!!! Please!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete