Thursday, March 18, 2010

Moscow here we come!

    Well we made it to Moscow last night.  Jake is doing great, he is so happy and loving the outside world.  He finds everything funny and loves to RUN and sing all the time.  I picked him up at 6 pm Wed night and got him dressed in this St Patty day shirt.  Ok I left a bag of clothes in the directors office last week because she said it would be fine??  Well where did the 3 or 4 outfits go WHO Knows??  Lucky for us they found the coat I left and I had shirts for him but no pants why would I bring some in I just left 4 pairs last week.  Well they could not be found and said the kids were probably wearing them whick I hope is true but I mostly see tights and shorts on them??  So I had to use a pair of pants from the baby home which was fine because enow he has something from his baby home like Mattie.  And I must confess before I knew the pants were missing I put the tank top he had on in my bag I can not have baby home cloths for one son and not the other.
     So off to the airport.  He was great in the car.  Some how Svtlana got lost but we made it on time , just part of the adventure.  When we were waiting I went to get a diet coke and before I could stop him he had opened a bag of MM's that is my independent boy.
     Still everything was going smooth and fun then it was take off time and he looked at me and then you guessed threw up and laughing about it.  So I cleaned up the banana and apple juice that did not sit well and on to outfit number 2 which were his PJs.  He was happy the whole flight eating yes eating bread and cheese and the stewardess loved him so she kept coming to visit him.  Then he was running up and down the aisle and oh yes just screaming "um pa" as loud as he could and laughing.  SO there was no sleeping on our 10 pm flight!!  And if anyone knows what Um Pa means in Russian can you let me know.  TO me he sounds a little Greek??  
     SO the driver Mike picked us up with all our bags and Jake in his PJS and off to the Raddison.  A brand new hotel with WHITE comforters I do not think they will be inviting adoptive parents back after we leave.  He finally fell a sleep around 2AM in the bed with me because he wanted NO part of the crib!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What an adventure. I would have loved something from the baby home but nope. They got Colby dressed and we didn't have time to ask. Well, enjoy Moscow! You'll be home before you know it. Then time for a play date!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo wish I had one of Kristina's outfits or pair of shoes from the babyhome...

    And wee Jake is just like K -- wanted NOTHING to do with the crib when we got to the apt our first night. Slept with us and you know what? It was just fine waking up with her next to us. I'm sure it was the same for you.

    Kudos to you, girl -- for doing all of this on your own. :)

    ReplyDelete