Thursday, March 18, 2010

Will we be home Saturday???



     Little bit of a scare today found out my CSI fingerprints expired on January 14th and well WHFC told me they expired in April so there was a problem at the Embassy for me.  So Mike picked us up and we were off so I could get finger printed here in Russia now I have done it all when it comes to fingerprints.  So a little nerve racking when I am told we might not be going home till maybe tuesday or Wednesday.  How would I explain this one to Mattie.  Well after a couple of nervous hours waiting the American embassy in Russia calls me at my hotel to tell me they could use the expired ones so we should be all set with getting Jakes VISA tomorrow.  
     So to celebrate after Jake s3 hour nap we headed off in a taxi with the new carriage since he likes to RUN and we went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Moscow.  He loved it dancing to the music eating french fries it does not get much better then that.  We did a little shopping and then tried to get back to the hotel by taking the Metro which was an experience with a 2 year old and a carriage but people were helpful. Well we got so far and I got a little confused and it was getting late so we took a cab the rest of the way.  What an adventure Moscow is MUCH bigger then Ekat and less muddy!
     So after our busy day Jake is sleeping and I should be to.  So off to the embassy at 1 tomorrow then to Red square for pictures and a little more shopping.  Hope things go smooth at the embassy I can not take any more surprises.  How could WHFC be so OFF with my finger prints???????  
     Pcture of us leaving the baby house #5 and Jake waiting for his first plane ride!!  Enjoy

6 comments:

  1. Wow...look at that snow coming down! Nothing like the love of a little boy to warm your heart, though, eh?

    Omg...how could that happen with the fingerprints? I'm just stunned the Ekat judge didn't catch it. Goodness only knows what the female judge would have done had she taken notice of such an oversight. Ugh - I shutter at the thought. But that's over and we look forward to you getting home and sharing pics of the boys TOGETHER!!!

    ~Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe flight home. It sounds like things are going great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! The flight home with our three year old Jesse, was a really long day, but it seems like nothing compared to what you've been through! Best of luck to your new family (from another WHFC mom in NY)
    Gotcha Day- August 25, 2009, Home forever August 29, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks pretty cold out there!
    I can't believe how big Jake has gotten!
    Prayers for a quick return home!
    Godspeed.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete