Monday, March 1, 2010

Another great visit with Jake

     OK his face should say it all who knew balloons were so funny! Had another fun visit with Jake even though he is still called Gena he will catch on to his new name once he meets his brother and will say Jake non stop.  We played with water, books, a balloon, and oh yes there was a miny trampaleen so he was JUMPING.  And his first english word was JUMP, so cute.  And again no tights he has pants on.  I brought some shoes and he picked the camo sneakers and they fit perfectly!!  
     Since I did not visit until 4 I took a walk and found an outside carnival yes outside with kiddie rides and all, Mattie would have loved it and they had beautiful ice scuptures of course I forgot my camera so I am going to go back to take pictures.  Can you believe a otside carnival in -11 degrees but the kids were having a blast.
     When I went down to dine alone with my book I met 2 couples adopting.  One I knew was going to be here I have been emailing her and she brought a package to Jake for me this summer they are actually here to bring there son home.  They other couple is here for the first time to get their referral and all our children are at the same baby house which is pretty cool. The 2nd couple is from New Jersey so we might have to make a road trip to visit my new friends.  So it was great to talk and hear about the couples court date since mine will be one Wed so I better get ready for my big day.   

6 comments:

  1. Beth:

    What a great picture!!! Good Luck with court ... fingers crossed and can't wait to see more updates!!!

    I remember the outside markets on the weekend ... I couldn't believe anyone would stand out in the snow and cold to sell things!!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we were told about their outdoor carnivals. We had just missed the big one on Lenin St for Christmas. I love the look on Jake's face. He is too cute. Good luck with court. Keep us posted!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth! Glad to hear all is going great --- the picture shows so! And say hi to Sandy and Joe for me. Today was their big day to get their referral!

    Have you met with the translator yet in prep for court on Wednesday? I'm sure all will go great.

    ~Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    Great to hear things are going well. It must be great to see your boy again.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear you are done with court and he's yours forever! Love his smile....so much joy ahead of you both!!

    ReplyDelete